Home of Evan Ratliff: founder/editor, Atavist. Writer for magazines. Story editor, Pop-Up Magazine. Co-host, Longform Podcast. Learn more
- Michael Grimm: above questioning
- Over the weekend, the New York Times reported that Staten Island Congressman Michael Grimm, a former F.B.I. agent, raised over $500,000 in campaign money with the help of a man now under investigation—by the F.B.I.—for embezzlement. The man, Ofer Biton, was a close associate of an Orthodox rabbi in New York City, outside of Mr. [...] Read more – ‘Michael Grimm: above questioning’.
- Wait, this is still here?
- I guess information really does live forever on the Web! Well, then it’s probably prudent for me to provide some sort of update, just in case someone happens upon this via AltaVista or HotBot and is concerned that I’ve done nothing for the last 10 months but perfect my frozen dark and stormy recipe. Which [...] Read more – ‘Wait, this is still here?’.
- Incomprehension vs. disagreement
- I’m not usually one to engage with the social media dispute-of-the-day (nor to blog about anything at all, for that matter). But I’m riveted against my will to the teapot storm initiated by Malcolm Gladwell’s recent New Yorker piece on social media and activism. I’m a pretty committed Gladwell fan, and as his is an [...] Read more – ‘Incomprehension vs. disagreement’.